Who is Religion Nerd
Heather Abraham Sagisman
My name is Heather Abraham Sagisman and I am a religion addict or as my husband Teo calls me, the Religion Nerd. I am obsessed with religion and everything about religion. It doesn’t matter which, I find them all fascinating and have spent much of my life reading about religion, observing various religions in practice, and eventually attended Georgia State University for formal training in religious studies. After earning both a BA and MA in Religious Studies (comparative religion), I find that I am still hungry for more—this magazine is an extension of my magnificent obsession.
It is not my intention to promote any one religion or belief system—Religion Nerd is primarily concerned with informing readers about current religious issues and the religious diversity that we encounter in our daily lives.
Since starting Religion Nerd in March of 2010, I embarked on an indie writing career, publishing my memoir in May of 2012. My bestselling darkly-comedic memoir, The Bookie’s Daughter: A Memoir of Growing Up in a Crazy, Crime-Ridden Family is available on Amazon.com.
Professional Memberships: American Academy of Religion, Society for the Scientific Study of Religion, Religion News Writers Association, and Georgia State University Religious Studies Alumni Board Member.
Special kudos to my husband Teo Sagisman, the Master Web Dude, who so tirelessly worked to create this website.
HELP US GROW AND SPREAD THE “NERD”
So, you’ve been reading our posts… you’ve related to them, you’ve found yourself looking forward to new posts and now you’ve decided you want to tell the world about us… we appreciate that. What exactly are the best ways you can do that? Here are a few ideas…
1)Subscribe to us, Free- Via Email. It is easy! Use the form on the upper right hand side of our pages.
2) Join our ReligionNerd page on Facebook. Post our articles on your facebook wall. Each article has an easy share button to post our articles on your facebook wall.
3) Follow us on Twitter. Our user name on Twitter is ReligionNerdMag. Be the first to know when there is a new post and then “ReTweet” so that all of your friends can check us out as well.
4) Link to us on your blog or website.
5) Email a post you like to your friends and co-workers or share the article on your facebook page with your friend circle.
6) Add a comment to your favorite posts!
7) And finally, if you know anybody in media positions such as CNN, NY Times or any major media outlets to give us coverage, put us in touch with them so they can help us spread the Nerd!